Dublin is the perfect long weekend – it’s as beautiful and historic as any European city but has a uniquely laid-back, friendly, and social vibe (not to mention your dollar will also go a bit further there than in other European cities).
5 Best parts of Dublin:
1. Just Bring Jeans: It’s a chic but casual city, so jeans are all that’s required. Leave your dresses and suits at home! One carry-on is all you need for 4 to 5 days. You can go straight from walking the city to the hippest restaurant and never feeling underdressed.
2. Drink and Be Merry: Dubliners are friendly and fun. There’s a pub every 2 feet and great food of all kinds (no reservations needed). Jameson and Guinness have entertaining tours for experiencing the best of Irish brewing during the day.
3. Closer than London: Dublin is closer than London, so East Coasters can pop over to Dublin in the same time it takes to get to CA.
4. Easy Day Trips: Ireland is gorgeous and easy to get around. Dublin is a great starting point from where you can explore the country. You can take day trips to kiss the Blarney stone in Cork, see the Cliffs of Moher in Galway and even go to Belfast – for about $50 per person.
5. Clear Customs Before You Leave: Of course, as a CLEAR employee I am all about easy travel. Ireland and the US have a great partnership where you clear customs before you leave Ireland, making traveling home super fast.
Next time you’re thinking about where to spend a holiday weekend, you’ll know where to go!
Allison Romano, Vice President of Marketing